Sundays usually equal lazy mornings in pj's and the smell of pancakes on the stove. So I thought i'd start to share some of my recipes with you just in case you're craving a laid back, delicious, pancake filled Sunday too!
I absolutely love this recipe because its soooo easy (really!!) and even though their vegan, they don't taste like anything is missing.
the recipe >>>>
Ingredients: one banana, 2 cups self-rising flour, 2 cups almond milk (or milk of choice), 3 tablespoons olive oil, 1/2 tablespoon cinnamon, splash of vanilla (optional)
1. Mash the banana in a bowl with a fork until in looks like the picture below.
2. in a separate larger bowl, combine the self-rise flour, almond milk and olive oil.
3. mix for about 30 seconds. Make sure that it is combine fully but still has lumps
4. add the banana and continue to mix. You want the mixture to be smooth but be careful not to mix so long that it becomes watery or runny.
5. sprinkle in cinnamon and (optional) splash of vanilla. Give it a quick stir and your batter is good to go!
6. heat pan to medium (at the highest), allow to heat for a few minutes before cooking the pancakes.
7. flip when outer corner gets bubbles. the entire pancake may not bubble like normal ones and that's OK
8. SERVE AND ENJOY!!!
These are definitely a fave in my house and are great for days when you realize you don't have enough eggs. They really do taste great too!
tip: if you ever find yourself low on syrup, mix in some brown sugar. The pancakes will be just the right amount of sweet with no syrup needed.
p.s. I must give credit to my sister in law Rachel for giving me a starter pancake recipe that I have used as a base for the rest of my pancake creations.